Saturday, August 26, 2006

La Fiesta en Mi Casa

Encouraged to make a toast at the party at our place, I ventured, "¡A una semana!" (To one week! - as we had just finshed one week of school) Not long after that there was another toast "¡A una semana y una hora!" (to one week and one hour) and so it went until our toasts became (theoretically) specific to the second calculated by using various teachers' cell phones - "¡A una semana y cinco horas y 37 minutos y 23 segundos!" I have a feeling that we may be measuring the rest of the year in toasts.

My goals for the party were to celebrate the first week and to give the Spanish teachers and the English teachers a chance to socialize together as we are usually too busy for this at school. I suppose that it is kind of 'teacherish' to set goals for a party. (You can take the teacher out of the classroom, but you can't take the classroom out of the teacher.)


Actually the party is a memory that I think I will cherish for a long time. It is hard to believe that I have only been here for one month. The depth of the friendships I have already made and the number of inside jokes my friends and I have make it seem like I have been working at ASFC for a long time.









All is well that ends well.









La Fiesta en Ocozocoautla


I have reposted the blog about the fiesta in Ocozocoautla with the picture as I now have a scan of it. Here is a small pic of it, but a bigger shot is posted on the original blog entitled "¡Otra Fiesta en Ocozocoautla!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home