Saturday, August 19, 2006

En Mi Vecindario III

My intent is that you become nearly as familiar with my neighborhood as I am. Today I have a few photos from one of the plant shops I pass on my way to and from school each day. These photos are taken at this plant shop. It is called Aprilis. I have purchased plants from them. I recall that the guy working there seemed surprised to see Kris and I shopping for plants as tourists probably don't buy plants and all foreigners are tourists here. By now he would have seen us walking to and from many times.





Although I have loved the outdoors for many years, I have realized only upon coming to Chiapas how important nature is to me. I think it may have been the time I spent volunteering at Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary that had the most impact on me. If you are in Victoria and you are reading this, drop everything and head straight over to Swan Lake. Then email me when you get home and tell me about it.







If anyone knows the names of these plants, post a comment with the info. I would like to know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The plant with the green and white leaves with a circle of leaflets is probably a varient of Mexican Orange...Choisya or something.

As for the habenero sauce, Tom has hunted through numerous stores ( an incredible feat for an engineer) to locate a specific h sauce...and found it in a deli on the NVancouver key (sp). He bought a case. Because it is green he considers it a vegetable and eats at least 1 serving a day.

I entered your e-mail wrong...so please send it to me.
Hugs,
Margaret, aka the "blonde" at Swan Lake naturally

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home