Saturday, January 20, 2007

Construction by Snails?

When we started at the school in August, we were told that the addition would be completed in October, possibly as late as January. Well it is late January and now next October is starting to look much more likely given the pace at which things are not moving. The slow progress is not necessarily typical of Mexico as I have seen other buildings in town go up in lightning speed.

The second picture is (obviously) a closer look. There seems to be enough rebar to put up four floors. We were told it would be three. At this point almost nothing would surprise me (seven floors?).

I considered having a 'Guess the Project Completion Date Contest' until I realized I will not likely be around to see its opening.

As an aside I just realized that every school I have ever taught in has had an ongoing construction project at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home