Friday, February 02, 2007

A Mystery

These guys that are posted outside a relatively ubiquitous branch of pharmacies are a mystery to me. Ninety-eight percent of the time they are dancing furiously in a repetitive fashion that is vaguely robotic. The repetition, speed and unceasing nature of their dancing has always made me think the are just big mechanical dancing machines made to look like overweight pharmacists. Now and then they seem almost as if there is a person inside and I was thinking about that today as I approached another one of these crazy, overweight, dancing robot pharmacists. It blew me away by seeming to give me his full attention and then putting his hand out to shake mine. There was no room for doubt. This one clearly had a person inside. When I went back to take a photo, it posed. The nightmares will begin in three . . two . . . one . . . .



In other news, we had another parade in my neighborhood. I am sure it was probably honoring yet another saint (there seem to be a few), but I forgot to ask someone the significance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home