Sunday, August 27, 2006

Exploring Tuxtla

Today I went exploring. I just looked at a map at home, chose a part of Tuxtla that I had never been to and headed over there. Tuxtla is too small to get lost in (only a million people). In Cairo I used to play mystery bus*, but unfortunately, transportation is too easy to use here to get really lost. One of the reasons I chose to come to Tuxtla is because Chiapas is known for its natural beauty. As you may know, I have not been disappointed.



I find Tuxtla to be a very nice city to live in, but Chiapanecans sometimes say that Tuxtla is “the ugliest city in Chiapas”. If San Cristobal de Los Casas and Chiapa de Corzo are any guide, that may be the case. Nevertheless, I still like it here a lot.

* Get on a bus with a number I didn’t recognize and see where it took me. This game always resulted in adventures in Cairo.


Preparations

Although Mexican Independence Day is still almost three weeks away, preparations have begun and shops are beginning to decorate in green, white and red. Knowing how well Mexicans throw a party, I am excited to see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home