Sunday, February 11, 2007

Puerto Arista

Last weekend was a long weekend and I made the long awaited trip to the ocean. It was a very peaceful time and I will find myself back there again very soon. The most spectacular feature of Puerto Arista was actually the sand. To coin an instant cliche, it was as if God was an overzealous kindergarten teacher with an unlimited budget for glitter. The sand sparkled beautifully and every wave left behind a line of sparkly sand only to be washed away the next time.

I will try to sum up my time spent in Puerto Arista with a point form list because nothing I could write would do the time justice anyway.

long walks on the beach
chasing crabs that do an incredible jump through the air to turn
body surfing / getting pummeled by massive waves
ceviche de camarones / cerveza
seeing about one quarter of my students
body surfing / getting pummeled by massive waves
ceviche de pescado / cerveza
trying (unsuccessfully) to photograph glittery sand
BBQ with families from my class at a gorgeous beach house
body surfing / getting pummeled by massive waves
more ceviche / cerveza
teaching some teenage guys how to body surf (get pummeled by waves)
other kinds of seafood / cerveza
and much more


** I have been extremely busy with work and ESL groups as well as much more active socially lately. This is why I am not posting as often. I will try to find more time for the blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Glenn... You are killing me with pictures like this jaw-dropping sunset! For the past few weeks, it's been -30°C every morning as I trudge up the street - in the dark, I might add - to catch my bus too work. You can imagine how much I would love to quit my job & travel south. Your beautiful photos are straws building up on my camel's back.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home