Sunday, September 03, 2006

Jardin Botánico Dr. Faustino Miranda

While exploring recently, I found my way to Tuxtla’s botanical garden. Of course it is a remarkably peaceful and beautiful place to spend time. I am not sure whether I should be sad or happy that it seems almost not in use compared to the crowds that fill the shopping malls here. A lot of the former and a little of the latter, I suppose.






Another benefit of the garden is that the trees are labeled which allows me to learn the Spanish names of the trees. I have yet to find a Chiapanecan who can tell me the name of a kind of tree with any degree of certainty. Perhaps my interest in nature is seen as an eccentricity (as are probably a lot of other things).







I salute Dr. Faustino Miranda who had the wisdom and foresight to help found this space for future generations. Or, at the very least, lend his name to the cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home