Sunday, October 15, 2006

Exporgánicos

As you may be aware, I have a slight interest in food, particularly Mexican food. Exporgánicos took place in Tuxtla this weekend. As you may guess from the title, it was an exposition of organic products (or non traditional products as the official name went). Thirty states in Mexico were represented. Some examples of products are coffee, cheese, quail eggs, produce, venison, sweets, liqueurs and much more. Of course, I tried samples of almost everything. Having purchased tens of thousands of dollars of food in Latin countries when I worked on the SALTS boats, my vocabulary for food is the most developed, so I was able to understand most of what was going on around me. Although I did use my (lack of ) Spanish as an excuse to get out of a few sales pitches.



Note that the 'dried flowers' are actually dried fruit arranged as flowers. Some people have too much time on their hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home