Friday, October 06, 2006

Tutoring

For those of (the three of) you that don't know, I have begun to tutor four students after school. I work with them on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for an hour. It is a combination of ESL and helping the kids with their homework (I am required to give homework). We do a combination of fun, language-intensive games and some exercises that would resemble work if I didn't give away stickers and such. I will also start to tutor four other children two days a week. In case you think I am going to burn myself out (as I did) by doing too much, I actually find the tutoring to be very rewarding because I am not required to teach the school's curriculum. I can teach what I want in the way that I want to. I find that I look forward to tutoring, even after a day of teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home