Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sixto

One of the most remarkable people we have on staff is Sixto. Conversely a few teachers and most of the students and parents don't even know who he is because he works behind the scenes after hours. He starts work around four and is here all night. Sixto is our security guy (and he has a gun!), he mows the lawn, paints, cleans our classrooms if someone is away, fixes things and he recently helped me move. In fact, he was the only one of my three helpers who actually worked hard. The other two mostly fielded calls on their cel phones. I am convinced that he works harder than almost anyone in the school. I like this photo because it is pure Sixto. When you need help or want to ask him something he drops everything to do what you need. Sixto is a good argument for cloning!

My only compliant about Sixto is that he has yet to let me actually shoot his gun. Although I am generally a pacifist, a little target practice on the football field has definite appeal for me.


In other news, I have finally moved to my new apartment in Colonia Teran. Compared to the palatial apartment I had on Belisario Dominguez, the new one is much more humble, but I like it a lot and am looking forward to buying a hammock and enjoying some BBQ and a few cervezas in my new patio. I will have to remember to watch for falling coconuts which seem to have the amazing to fall exactly when I am not expecting it and when I am concentrating on something, thus exponentially increasing how much I am startled. The limes are a little less perilous. A blog about my new neighbourhood and my home home will be forthcoming soon especially as I also have a new camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home