Sunday, February 18, 2007

Semana Cultural

This week was Culture Week at ASFC. Each grade chose a country (or as it turned out, a region of Chiapas) and the teachers taught about the country while the parents organized a booth with food, photos, displays and more. There were different workshops, a play, a book fair and other events during the week. A dance group and a choir concluded the event on Friday afternoon.

If you hadn't guessed yet, Rocio and I chose Egypt. Actually I wanted to chose some obscure country like Kazakhstan, but everyone thought I should do Egypt as I had lived there.

The 'type A' side of me (OK, it is most of me when I am teaching) kept wanting to get back to teaching the curriculum as I am required to complete one book every month and it is difficult even when I don't lose a whole week. But it was a nice week and I am sure the kids were happy to have a break from the routine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Logical Philosopher said...

You should have chose Antarctica and served everyone ice-cubes.

Or Victoria and made them crumpets and tea.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home