Thursday, December 21, 2006

In Palenque!

I am in Palenque and staying at a fascinating cabana in the Jungle apparently near the pyramids. The sound of running water, frogs and insects drowns out the live music plazing at the restaurant where I ate dinner - Mono Blanco (White Monkey). I am looking forward to sleeping to the sounds of the background jungle music.

The day was a series of amazing luck/timing. Connections just worked out for me all day. In the town of Palenque, I literally stepped out of the bus station into a colectivo that took me directly to Panchan where I wanted to stay. When I arrived at Margarita and Eds, there was one cabana left.

I would post a pic but I am working on an ancient computer that doesnt have a USB port. In fact the computer is loaded with a German version of Windows. Yes, I am in Mexico. Life here doesnt always make sense. In fact, it rarely does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home