Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Darling If You Truly Love Me II



The last blog described a crazy game we play in my grade three classroom. I said I would post a video of it if I could figure out how. Rick, one of my three faithful readers, responded the next day telling me how. Rick also reminded me that it brought back memories of us playing the game at camp. I had forgotten that the first time I played the game was at camp twenty-two years prior. In fact it had been at a camp staff reunion. It brought a flood of memories back for me too. The reunion was around Halloween and we were in costume. It happened that Rick was dressed as a priest (this is funnier if you know Rick) and the staff member who he had a crush on was dressed as a nun. I can still picture Rick on one knee pleading with her to smile for him.

It gets better. I had just received the email from Rick and a few minutes later went down for our weekly flag ceremony. With the memory fresh in my head I kept starting to snicker. My not very well suppressed laughter caught the attention of one of my students who proceeded to give me my own signal for calming down (a first). The fact of being shushed by one of my own students was funnier than the memory and her signal had the opposite effect. I had a very difficult time trying to be serious after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home