Wednesday, April 25, 2007

En Mi Vecindario V

It has been a long while since I blogged about my neighborhood. A new candy shop just opened in my neighborhood. Those of the four of you (there are four readers now!) that know me, know I have a sweet tooth. Much to my chagrin, dulce mania, opened not far from my place. Although I have a sweet tooth, I have been cutting down on sugar and candy due to the many stories I have heard about people I know getting adult onset diabetes. So it was with mixed feelings (joy and trepidation, to be precise) that I entered dulce mania, determined to not buy anything. The powers that be didn't equip me with enough resistance and I left with a box of my favorite, watermelon taffy. 9 pesos ($0.90 cdn) for 25 pieces of taffy. I was also taken up with the excitement of loud music and a clown (who wouldn't be), so I started taking pictures.


Two of the kids wanted me to take their pictures and so I obliged them. They were thrilled when I was able to show them their picture on the screen of my digital camera. I vaguely recall the pre-instant gratification days of film cameras, or was that a dream I had. I am no longer sure.

PS: I finished the 25 pieces of taffy in three days. In case you are not encouraged, this is an improvement over the first time I bought taffy. I ate the whole box the first evening and proceeded to finish the other two boxes in the next three days.

In other news, I am practicing my Spanish for two Bubble Shows I am doing at an orphanage tomorrow. I have been doing 'science shows' since 1990 and the Bubble Show travels well, so I often find excuses to fit a show or two into my busy schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home