Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mangoes

People often wonder why I keep going off to live in foreign countries. That is because they have never tasted the mangoes in mango season. Mangoes are truly a magnificent fruit. Besides being delicious, they are healthy and often free. The school has tons of mango trees and mangoes are all over the playground.

In this photo, I have five different kinds, but I can't tell you their names even though my friends Antonio and Francisco keep teaching me the names. My brain files words like this into the circular file for some reason (names of types of mangoes not being necessary for survival perhaps). What amazes me is that each type of mango is different in some subtle way. I would try to describe them, but my vocabulary is insufficient to describe the differences. Suffice it to say they are food for the gods, so to speak. When my father came, I introduced him to mangoes and my parents are now regularly buying mangoes for their breakfasts.

PS: Did I mention that I just got hired for a position at the Mango Marketing Board?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home