Friday, December 22, 2006

!Palenque, Misol Ha and Agua Azul - Increible!

I do not feel up to the task of trying to describe how beautiful Palenque and the two waterfalls
Everything I think of to say seems insufficient.

Today as I was walking through palaces and temples in Palenque knowing that almost 2000 years ago, people were being sacrificed on the stone slabs I saw and that Mayan royals lived in the rooms I was walking through is an unbelievable experience. And then you are brought down to earth by the sight of a guy mowing the lawn.



The first two pics are in Palenque, of course.











The waterfall shrouded by foliage is Misol Ha. The second and most spectacular waterfall is Agua Azul (translates to Blue Water). If you think the falls are nice, multiply by three and you will get a better sense of the scale of the falls. I intend to return to Agua Azul and go in the water to takes picture from a better angle. Having the passport and work visa documents on me meant that I was a little reluctant to leave them anywhere or swim with them. I will return to take more photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home