Sunday, May 13, 2007

Today is the Beginning of the Future - OLPC

I would like to do something that I have done once or twice before. That is to depart from the goal of this blog*.
(* to share my experiences in Chiapas, not to bore my mother and three friends as you were thinking).

After reading an article on Digg.com about the first village to receive laptops from the project called One Laptop Per Child (OLPC), I felt it was more important to share this historic moment than to ramble on about my mini-vacation in San Cristobal (I'll do that later). The first village is called Cardal and it is in Uruquay. I won't write too much as I did not personally experience the moment. Here is a link to the blog where I read the article: olpc-ceibal.blogspot.com. The OLPC project is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping those who live in poverty by providing laptops to children for free. I have been following this project for years. Here is a link to the OLPC website: http://www.laptop.org/index.en_US.html.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home